bike eagle
Banned.

Bikes: Specialized Sequoia

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 446 Post(s)
Liked 63 Times in 41 Posts
Originally Posted by Blues
I agree with bike eagle's concept, except my criteria are slightly different. I made a story stick with my four critical dimensions, so I can check whether a bike will fit me very quickly and make adjustments. My four critical dimensions are:
1. The distance from the top of the petal at the bottom of it's circle to my seated sit bone height.
2. The horizontal distance from the center of the pedal at the horizontal, front position to my seated sit bone location.
3. The horizontal distance from my seated sit bone location to my hand location on the bars/brakes.
4. How far below the sit bone level I want my bars.
5. I have to be able to stand over the cross bar, at least with the bike tilted on an angle.
If the bike cannot be adjusted to fit my criteria, I cannot use the bike. I have bikes that work from 58cm to 64cm measured to the top of the seat tube from the center of the BB. I cannot lower the bars any more on the tall bikes. Being an old geezer, I doubt I will be able to do that anyway.
Fred
I like it! My measurements didn't incorporate crank arm length, which yours does. Good system!