View Single Post
Old 12-02-21, 05:40 PM
rholland1951

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 534 Post(s)
Liked 1,737 Times in 890 Posts
Wednesday evening, I got a call from Battle Road Bikes that my Surly Long Haul Trucker was ready for pick up. This is the 700c touring bike that I put 13566 miles on until that came to an abrupt stop in September of 2019 due to a bike-bike collision on the Mill Street intersection with the Minuteman. I hopped right in the car and drove down and picked it up. It's the sibling to the Surly Trucker DeLuxe, a 26" travel bike, but is sufficiently distinct that I've never regretted having and riding both.

Today I took the bike out for a little test ride on the Minuteman. Nobody collided with us, I'm pleased to say, and everything worked as well as I remembered it, or better.

I'm delighted to have this bike back in riding condition. I snapped this photo of the bike propped against the Battle Road Bikes sign on the Minuteman by way of an homage to some great wrenches and good folks.

After putting the LHT away, I put the Ebisu on the bike rack and drove back to Battle Road Bikes to drop it off. The backlog reduction program continues.

rod
Likes For rholland1951: