View Single Post
Old 12-21-21, 08:32 PM
lefteye

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Fly 12 mount

My Fly 12 mount also broke recently, in the same way you describe. It's probably around 3 years old, so way beyond any warranty. I'm using a gopro mount and the Cycliq gopro adapter while I consider other options (thinking about a combo mount for my Karoo 2 and the Cycliq).

I know there has been some bad behavior on Cycliq's part dealing with failed units (and mounts); my experience with their support has actually been ok. They have coached me through some failures to turn on (both my 6 and 12), and helped resurrect units that I thought were dead. And they replaced one (two?) Fly 6 CE units (one failed in less than a year, and the other less than a year after that).

That said, at this point in time they are the only game in town; I think they could benefit from some competition. There is a company with a kickstarter campaign for a rear camera/light that has attractive qualities, including much longer promised run time than the Fly6 (especially the Mark 3 version). There was also another company with a prototype around a year ago, but that doesn't seem to have progressed.