View Single Post
Old 01-03-22, 10:48 PM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3136 Post(s)
Liked 1,704 Times in 1,029 Posts
Originally Posted by 3speedslow
OT, just got back from the LBS with my Mercier Nano and its modernized HS. No more cheap price point junk for this bike.

I tried using the press they had but none were long enough so used the DIY threaded rod, washers, bolts and their alignment cones to press them in. I have some alignment cones on order to use the next time. Pics when I have the whole tool together.
can you please describe what you had to do in order to fit an ISO headset? I take it the Park tool you referred to was a reamer/facing tool, but what about the fork crown race? And can you use the reamer without also facing, or did you mill out the necessary amount from the headtube I.D. while also milling down headtube height? If so, did you account for that in terms of headset stack height, or just use a spacer(s)?