Old 01-06-22, 01:47 PM
ClydeClydeson

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 581 Post(s)
Liked 921 Times in 518 Posts
Originally Posted by Miele Man
Originally Posted by Juan Foote View Post
Funny enough, a very similar situation must have happened, or perhaps even this one. We were absolutely NOT allowed to remove reflectors from a new bike. We absolutely HAD to install them on any and every new bike that we built. It wasn't optional.

Front and rear and wheel reflectors are/were required by Ontario (Canada) Law, to be on all new bicycles sold. We told many customers that by Law we were not allowed to sell a bike without the reflectors being on it. I often wondered if any shops selling bicycles without the reflectors installed were charged by the authorities.

Cheers
I worked in a larger shop in Ottawa (now closed) that imported frames and parts and assembled their own line of bikes. Sometimes the bikes were assembled in the larger store across the river in Gatineau, sometimes we just got shipped a frame and box of parts from the warehouse in Gatineau and assembled the bikes ourselves.

I would estimate that between 0% and 0% of those bikes had reflectors installed during assembly, and not too many more had then added at customer request before delivery. I think we had a box of reflectors for those rare occasions.
I would encourage lights for any bikes intended for use on the road *(along with lock, bell, fenders, kickstand, etc) but not everyone agreed on the extra cost.
Likes For ClydeClydeson: