Old 04-07-07, 09:17 PM
jobob
back of the autobus

Bikes: Lynskey R230, Rivendell Bleriot

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi, I'm Jo, I'm 47 and I live in Union City. I've been road biking for a few years now, and this year I started getting interested in longer distance cycling, especially randonneuring. I've done a couple of 200K rides so far (the Santa Rosa 200K brevet, and the Davis 300K which I DNF'd after 200, oops).

I plan to do many more century/double metic rides this year - some on my own, as well as organized rides such as the SLO Wildflower, the Wine Country 200K, and Little Red Riding Hood in Utah. I don't plan to do a full brevet series this year but I hope to finish a 300K (or a double century) and perhaps even a 400K later this summer. My husband isn't into the distance riding thing, but he's very supportive.

It's really great living in Union City, I have a lot of excellent places to ride. I can go directly from home and head up Palomares, Redwood Road and other points north, head east to Sunol and over Calaveras or south to Alum Rock park, or west over the Dumbarton out to Woodside and other great destinations on the peninsula. Not too shabby!