View Single Post
Old 08-13-22, 01:36 PM
str8jakett
I pedal in my sleep...

Bikes: Giant TCR Advanced 2015, Giant Propel Advanced Pro 2015, Giant TCR Advanced 0 ISP 2008, Cube Cross Race SL 2018, Chapter2 TOA 2022

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked 76 Times in 37 Posts
2008 Giant TCR Headset Check

Just replaced a headset on a bike I've owned since 2012 but has been on the road for only about four years early on. The new headset was a Giant stock (FSA) bought from Giantbikespares.com and matches all part numbers for this model year TCR. The headset I removed did not exactly match with spacers, and bearing design, but the sizes and overall widths of the bearing/cup washers matched up. I'm getting a bit more gap between the fork and head tube. Replaced all parts with new according to the FSA diagram here:

This is the gap I now have:

Basically I can see the crown race where I couldn't before. But according to the diagram, I have done everything correctly. Double checked inside the head tube and no random parts were left. Measured all the bearings, spacers, compression rings, etc. and all matched what came out. The headset feels smooth and tight, operates as it should. Picture of the top for reference:

What am I missing here?