Old 04-28-20, 11:42 AM
LeChatNoir

Bikes: Priority Classic, Origami Gazelle (Wifey), Origami Wasp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
Hello everyone just wanted to join the first Folding Bike Club. My first ever folding bike was the Kettler 20" I-On a couple of years back. However that was a shared bike between my good friend and myself to use at the shipyard to get from one place to another quickly.

So fast forward to the present, I was in the market for a folding bike to get the wifey. At first Amazon and other online retailers has a wide range to choose from, but ultimately decided on two requirements: either a brand name that I was somewhat familiar with (Which were Dahon, Citizen, and Brompton), or an established brick and mortar store with a good warranty / return policy.

After all the reading up I can do with all the local bike shops, I went with Origami Bicycles. Decided the Gazelle fit my needs and had great value. Ended up talking to Paul to make an appointment to come try out bike in person to make sure everything about the Gazelle was a perfect fit for my wife. Made the hour and half drive up to go check out the bikes and Paul was very knowledgeable with his bike and if I remember correctly is that also designs all his bike himself with the exception of the carbon fiber bikes. The Gazelle would be my wife's first bike in quite a while and Paul was able to show the both of us how to properly setup the bike, do the proper checks, things to watch out for and how to fix them. There were things that even I learned from Paul as he explained the proper use of the bike. Way better than the "figure it out as I go" attitude I had with the Kettler I-On I shared with my buddy years ago. Back then we both just used the bike as a quick point A to B transportation rather than enjoyed it. If the brakes were stiff we just used out tools to loosen it, or go to the shop and grab grease for the chain, no problem! Haha! Don't get me wrong, we didn't treat the bike as a beater or trash it around, but we certainly did use it.

My wife and I got to test ride the Gazelle, and figured since I was there I was able to test out some of the other models. Originally we just came to the shop for the Gazelle, but I ended up picking up the Wasp as well. Sure I could have spent an extra $50 and upgrade to the bigger wheels and disk brakes, but for me the smaller form factor was more important and it's role would have been more of a "last mile transportation" any ways since I already have a belt driven Priority Classic.

So now my wife is a proud owner of the Gazelle and myself a proud owner of the Wasp.

Ill post a picture once I can figure out how to upload photos, and leave a review after a month or two of owning the bikes. I will say after riding them for a couple days so far, they feel great!
Likes For LeChatNoir: