Old 12-29-21, 04:56 AM
bampilot06

Bikes: Madone, Emonda, 5500, Ritchey Breakaway

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10241 Post(s)
Liked 5,195 Times in 2,229 Posts
Originally Posted by davethelefty
Thanks for the link to the CA Dept of Consumer Affairs -- I will reach out to them. Also a big thanks to everyone who has endorsed the credit card warranty protection process. My CC does offer that feature, and I kick it off with a phone call, probably followed by a ton of documentation. I may have a case that they're willing to support, and contacting the state of Calif. will be an interesting endeavor also.

And perhaps this will wake up Canyon? While I was mildly chastised for not going the LBS route (and let's be clear, I wish that had been an option for me), there were many things that attracted me to Canyon besides price and availability. In the research I did, I got a good amount of feedback from people on this forum about Canyon. I appreciate that Canyon supports riders on the TdF. It's a solid bike manufacturer, and to be fair, we can blame Covid and resulting supply chain issues for much of this nonsense. I debated giving up and just buying the Trek Domane I originally looked at. But good luck getting one before Summer 2022. My Trek LBS laughed when I said I wanted a Domane.

Again, thanks for all your ideas. This was exactly the info I was looking for and it'll be immensely helpful. And I'm hoping before long I'll be back on my repaired/replaced Endurace!!!
What size do you need? My Local trek dealer has about 8 domane on the floor right now ready to go.