View Single Post
Old 07-09-21, 02:47 PM
GhostRider62

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2333 Post(s)
Liked 2,097 Times in 1,314 Posts
Originally Posted by unterhausen
Sure would be nice to sleep somewhere other than Loudeac, but by the time I get there I'm ready for a shower and a nap.

I was hoping to make it to St Nick on the way out and someone almost talked me into going to Tintineac on the way back, but it didn't work out that way.
How about doing the last 84H wave, stopping early at Tintineac for say 3- 5 hours. The dorm will be empty. This however would mean leaving there fairly early and riding to Brest in order to make the intermediate time cut. Then, ride back leisurely well behind the bulge with many sleeping options. An empty control is much faster than one filled with 1,200 riders. It might not quite make up the 6 hours but I suspect it would be close. I have seen the bulge on the road and also once at Loudeac on the return and it has to be a huge time suck...?? I was in the 84H start in 1995 and the controls were empty until I got to Loudeac around sunset and it was an utter zoo even back then, so, avoiding sleeping there is probably a good idea.