Thread: All Things FUJI
View Single Post
Old 02-21-22, 10:42 AM
delbiker1 
Mother Nature's Son

Bikes: 2014 Orbea Avant MD30, 2004 Airborne Zeppelin TI, 2003 Lemond Poprad, 2001 Lemond Tourmalet, 2014? Soma Smoothie

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 853 Post(s)
Liked 1,437 Times in 819 Posts
Rocket-Sauce , thanks for the reply. I have seen the pictures of your Ace, very nice. I believe you are right about mine being an '89. I wanted something different, that is what I came up with, in the end. It is a fine riding frameset, a bit on the heavy side and I don't care. Sometimes I think about how I can lower the weight, but I always get back to leaving that alone as it does not matter. The whole bike has been done with the only concern that I wind up with a decent looking bike that rides well. The reality is that I could have left the frameset with the original finish and just restored it as much a could be done, including fixing some areas of surface rust. It has been both a fun and a frustrating project, the frustration all directed at me.

In the end, I wound up with a bike that is really close to as I envisioned it. I am pretty sure the mostly blacked out components are going to stay. I had not used bar end shifters in close to 35 years. They work well, friction, and just make sense on this particular set up. I sure like them better than the DT levers.
Likes For delbiker1: