TejanoTrackie 
Veteran Racer

Bikes: 32 frames + 80 wheels

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1331 Post(s)
Liked 764 Times in 431 Posts
Originally Posted by Bianchi pc
Anyway so yeah Tejano Trackie - I would love to know, if you would be generous enough to share - what is your opinion on what tire pressures I should run for the front and rear for street riding with 25mm tires - I'm 152 pounds and looking for speed & efficiency over comfort.
According to my calculator, you should inflate your front tire to 84 psi and your rear tire to 93 psi. These are median values to provide the best combination of comfort and low rolling resistance, with a good margin of pinch flat protection. You will note that my calculator uses 90% of the rear tire pressure in the front. This assumes about a 60-40 weight distribution between the rear and front tires. On many of my bikes I use a wider tire on the rear, and about the same pressure in both tires. If you ride mostly on smooth paved roads, you can increase the tire pressure to decrease rolling resistance. As to rolling resistance, a lot depends on the tire itself. Some tires just roll better than others with less energy lost by friction between casing layers and even movement between the casing and the tube. I know you didn't ask, by my preferred performance road tires are the Continental GP 4000 and 5000 series.

Originally Posted by Dcv
I'd like to think i have as much money as brains.
I see the light at the end of the tunnel, but the tunnel keeps getting longer - me
Likes For TejanoTrackie: