Thread: New Project
View Single Post
Old 04-19-22, 10:23 PM
cyclist2000

Bikes: Masi, Giant TCR, Eisentraut (retired), Jamis Aurora Elite, Zullo, Cannondale, 84 & 93 Stumpjumpers, Waterford, Tern D8, Bianchi, Gunner Roadie, Serotta, Serotta Duette, was gifted a Diamond Back

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Liked 2,038 Times in 604 Posts
Well this project took a 180. My brother-in-law were talking bikes and he was getting rid of a Diamondback Haanjo. He donated it to me. It was in pretty good shape sans drivetrain.

So I had two projects now, the Stumpjumper had crappy shifters (not working) and these were integrated with brake levers and the Diamondback. I decided to bring them back to life in somewhat original form. Since I was getting new shifters I decided to go with a 10 speed rear end and keep the triple up front. I got a few parts and put it together, but there was some skipping in the drivetrain and the brakes wouldn't stop me on the test ride. Turns out that the rear derailleur that I had in the spares box was for a 9 speed. Well, back to the workshop, I got a proper derailleur and new brake pads. Everything worked great on the next test ride.
Likes For cyclist2000: