View Single Post
Old 04-24-22, 11:27 AM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 154 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2300 Post(s)
Liked 4,766 Times in 1,725 Posts
I guess I can share mine here also.

Original notes on the bike after picking it up last year:
After finding out how nice my Klein rides I just had to find a Cannondale to try. As a lover of patriotic paint schemes a short ad with only 2 pictures caught my eye. This one was about an hour away so I went yesterday morning and made a deal with the owner. Seemed to be in really good shape, just dirty. His understanding was that it was a team bike of some sort. It does have a "R" serial number which makes it a 2006 I guess. It's also got the 55 cm size label on it yet the catalog shows 54 and 56 so I don't know if that means anything. I measured 54.6 CTC top tube but only a 52.1 ctc seat tube? Yet stand over is a tad over 80 cm. It also has the Premium+ fork on it which I didn't see on the CAAD8's in the catalog. I went over every inch of it as I wiped it down but I don't see any real marks in the paint and no dings. Mechanically it's all working well and seems to be pretty much tuned in. The one shifter feels a little gummy but normally a flush with WD-40 and relube with Triflow sorts that out. The seller did throw in a really nice set of Dura Ace 10 speed levers because the one on there is a bit sticky. It's running an Ultegra compact crank now with Ultegra RD and 105 FD. I think the calipers are 105 too but I'll check the number as I clean it up. SRAM PG-1070 12-26 cassette with a SRAM chain. Mavik Kyserium SSC SL wheels with Vittoria Open Corsa CX tires in size 700 x 25. Looks like clearance for a bit larger tire in the front if wanted but probably not in the rear. Limited clearance by the brake bridge. FSA seatpost and stem with Ritchey bars and a blue/grey Fizik Arione saddle. As in the picture when I got it the bike weighed 17 lbs 10 ozs on my digital scale. Once I cleaned it up, swapped in my Look Keo pedals and pulled off the funky bottle cage it weighed 17 lbs 4 ozs. Should get in a bit of a test ride today but I'm still dealing with jacked up lungs from the western fires. So if I do go out I won't be able to give it a full pace test.

This is how I brought it home before even wiping it down.

And as it sit's this morning waiting to go for a ride. Lot's of parts upgrades and a light CF Tubular wheelset has it at 16 lbs even.

Getting it ready for today's ride.

Not bad for something still running a lot of alloy parts.

More detailed shots from it's earlier configuration:

I've never really run down the origin of the paint on this. I did find one other example on the internet like it. I did some research and found that the Orange County Wheelman have/had a Paramount Racing Team and in 2006 Cannondale was a sponsor. I emailed the current president of OCW about the bike but never got a response.