Old 03-31-21, 04:22 PM
JaccoW
Overdoing projects

Bikes: Batavus Randonneur GL, Gazelle Orange Excellent, Gazelle Super Licht, Gazelle Grand Tourist, Gazelle Lausanne, Gazelle Tandem, Koga-Miyata SilverAce, Koga-Miyata WorldTraveller

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 785 Post(s)
Liked 1,268 Times in 691 Posts
Should be interesting. Pretty sold on the microshift shifters. I guess it wouldn't hurt to try at the very least. It would definitely save some money to re-use the rear derailleur.
Curious to see if the seat tube pod is a comfortable place to shift the front from. I mean if it's a 2x11 setup all it would to is swap between two chainrings and do some trimming. Though cabling it might be a problem.

The bottom bracket still feels pretty good in my hand so I might just give it a wipedown and reinstall it with some new grease on the threads.
I will need new levers though but the Tektro levers are fairly affordable in most places.

Did some measurements on the hubs to rebuild the wheels using different spokes and rims. Just putting it here for reference if anybody else ever plans on rebuilding Koga Beachracer wheels and so I don't forget.

Front wheel - Kstoerz link

Rear wheel - Kstoerz link

Last edited by JaccoW; 03-31-21 at 04:37 PM.