Old 07-26-21, 07:08 AM
ollo_ollo

Bikes: Still have a few left!

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 467 Post(s)
Liked 532 Times in 267 Posts
Originally Posted by Murray Missile
I'm not quite there yet but a few of times this year I've had to lay my bike down and step over sideways to get off, I can still swing my right leg high enough (for now) to clear the saddle but I don't trust my left knee to support me. I have to step over the down tube with my right foot when the bike is about halfway down to keep my feet closer together and then step over again to clear the top tube once it's all the way down, very awkward to say the least.
Welcome to the club Murray. I call it the "Geezer 2 step", pretty much my standard dismount now after an embarassing, slo-mo fall after I caught my heel dismounting at a local supermarket. Aging out gracefully required some adjustments but so far all my bikes are still rideable, thanks to passing most taller 56/57 cm frames on to my tall #1 son over the years. In past, I could ride them but made me feel like a 12 y.o. on a birthday bike, while they were just tall enough for him with a longer seatpost and stem. Most of my grand kids are in a height range matching my keeper bikes, so many stay in the family as I reduce the herd. Don

Last edited by ollo_ollo; 07-26-21 at 07:10 AM. Reason: add a missing letter
Likes For ollo_ollo: