Old 08-12-22, 09:28 PM
t2p

Bikes: Cannondale - Gary Fisher - Giant - Litespeed - Schwinn Paramount - Schwinn (lugged steel) - Trek OCLV

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1390 Post(s)
Liked 1,848 Times in 1,063 Posts
Originally Posted by hankj
I like the Aerothans in my road tires. Roll and road feel similar to when I had them tubeless, seem tougher than latex and don't lose air. Knock on wood, did a full season with no flats.

Tubilito makes a TPU in an interesting variety, for touring. It's double thick, 90 grams, tough AF, and still rolls better than butyl.

I will say that the slick plastic valve stems suck. The manufacturers have to know that pump heads blow right off them. They should make them rougher or put some ridges on them for my pleasure

My Silca pumps worked on any and every tube - until I got the Aerothan tubes ; the chuck/head kept blowing off.

So I got a Hiro chuck/head - $ expensive - but never did try it because I began to use another method.

Now I use a schrader/presta adapter and a battery powered portable inflator.

First screw the shrader/presta adapter on to the Aerothan valve stem - and then screw the hose of the inflator to the adapter. Inflate the tire - and then when tire is inflated unscrew in reverse. Takes seconds. Have not used a hand pump since I began using the portable inflator.

Last edited by t2p; 08-12-22 at 09:33 PM.