View Single Post
Old 07-01-21, 01:01 AM
SapInMyBlood
Enthusiastic Sufferer

Bikes: 2015 Specialized Roubaix, 2014 Salsa Fargo, 2013 Trek Remedy, 2014 Cannondale Synapse

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked 311 Times in 107 Posts
Originally Posted by Fastfwd01
Seems I forgot what my goals were in 2015.... Apparently, it was to get my century time under 6 hours and I must have clocked something like 5:20 ish. I should probably also note that the Cannondale Synapse 105 aluminum has been a fantastic bike for me. It has taken everything I've thrown at it and I never worry about damaging it. I feel like I have to be super careful with the Cervelo in contrast. Even if I am needlessly overly protective of it. It feels delicate to me. The Synapse has been great for fitness and 'training' miles.

Here's that Hotter Than Hell Strava ride in 2015. I'm just starting to get back into the mindset of actually getting my mph averages up over distance. I've got a long way to go to get back to that level. Dropping my bars a bit shouldn't hurt. I rode that Hotter Than Hell event with my Synapse having basically a higher bar than the seat though. Maybe I would have been under 5 hours if I were in a more aggressive position idk.

30kph on a century is pretty damn decent 👌