View Single Post
Old 09-24-20, 05:44 PM
tricky 

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked 444 Times in 298 Posts
Originally Posted by RiddleOfSteel
The person who can figure out a workable CVT-esque infinite ratio drivetrain that can take pro-level wattage will do very well for themselves. I know an IGH unit that is infinitely variable, but it's not for mashers, at least from what I read a couple of years ago.

It's another gravel groupset that isn't particularly pretty and has the massive (relatively) fluid reservoirs in the shifters, making them still as ungainly as ever. It's a functional look, and it's fine on that level but man, we groupsets need to be pretty again.

A 110/74 BCD triple crankset set up to be a 36/30 or 36/28 double, employing an 11-36T cassette, will have lower gearing than the "Adventure" gearing of a 38-44T low combo. The "Race" gearing is basically 1x road gearing without the aesthetic dignity of a large ring.
I can mostly get over the levers. They look prettier than the Shimano and Sram equivalents, but eesh, that rear derailleur. I've seen microshift ders that look better. That might be the ugliest Campy part I've seen and that includes the plastic entry level grouppos from a while back.