View Single Post
Old 12-21-20, 05:34 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10244 Post(s)
Liked 11,596 Times in 5,943 Posts
Originally Posted by 2cam16
Going a little bit OT here but I need to figure this one out. For you regulars that ride in the area, if you're about to get to the Woodside/Canada T headed East on Woodside and going to make a left on Canada North, when do you start getting over from the bike lane to make it to the left turn lane? I usually use the fire station as a marker and get on the road right after it.
This morning I was doing the usual, looked back, car was a good ways away, I made my hand signals and got on the road. As I stopped at the T to make a left, the car that was behind me, an old Jetta wagon, came up beside me as he was headed still on Woodside eastbound. I heard him say "thanks man" so I acknowledged him as I thought he was thanking me for my hand signals and all. Then as I was turning I heard him say " I hope you crash and fall you effin' Fa**ot!". I was stunned for a bit. Couldn't believe what I just heard. I knew I shouldn't be wearing spandex. If I was in my car, I'd go for it but being on a bike and alone, I'll let it go. Who knows what the loser might do?
I usually take the lane right around the Redwood Fish, after ensuring there's no traffic coming up behind, assuming I'm understanding where you're talking about.

I've taken to giving idiots like that guy a nice friendly wave and shout "Hi!". Makes them wonder if you heard them. I saw one guy in a pickup - he was the passenger - punching the roof in frustration, because he thought I thought he was being nice.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles
Likes For genejockey: