View Single Post
Old 03-25-21, 08:03 PM
Camilo

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
Liked 1,197 Times in 758 Posts
Originally Posted by Camilo
I have a set of the HWY1 bars in 26 and they are an excellent example of the bars the OP is looking for. And they look nice and aren't expensive.

I also have a set of Civia Emerson in 26 and they are nearly identical in shape, drop, reach, etc. to the HWY 1 bars. I can't remember but one or the other was a few grams heavier than the other, but very, very little difference.

Just did a quick web search and they might be discontinued. But if you find a pair, they are just like the HWY 1.

This is what the HWY1 and/or Emerson will look with modern shift/brake levers:

I should have said with this post: This is not my bike! I wish it was, but it is not. I did a search for images for the bars in discussion just to show what they look like on a bike, and came up with this beauty. Sorry! (sorry that it's not my bike!)

I have my Emersons installed on a bike and could have taken a picture of it, but it's a dirty gravel bike and has bar end shifters in this particular iteration, so wouldn't be a good example of what the OP is looking for. I have the HWY1s in reserve for my next build.... soon I hope!