Old 05-20-21, 09:15 AM
cmh

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked 327 Times in 161 Posts
That's a lot of info in that post, so I'll just focus on 1 line: "Training Peaks tells me my current fitness is trending up at 43, fatigue is trending up at 93 and form is trending down at -65." Fatigue of 93 is very high for most people, and form of -65 indicates you very likely need some rest. But, it also could be these numbers are really far off because the FTP set in Training Peaks is far off.

Overall my suggestion:
Do a 20 min power test to see where your FTP really lies and set your Training peaks FTP and zones accordingly to make sure your CTL, FTL, Form are in the right ballpark.
Structure your training over roughly 4 week blocks where every 4th week is relatively easy to really rest and bring your form into positive numbers. It is amazing how much more you improve when you give yourself that relative break every 3-5 weeks.
For now, given the high fatigue and low form, make Friday's another easy spin or day off the bike. Even when you have a plan dialed in, if Tues, Wed, Sat, Sun are all pretty hard days, Friday should probably stay as an easy day.

Read 'Training and Racing with a Power Meter' to get a lot more info on setting up your training.

Have fun, and let us know how it goes.
Likes For cmh: