View Single Post
Old 07-17-21, 10:15 PM
fliplap

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked 328 Times in 105 Posts
Originally Posted by polymorphself
Looks perfect. Short tour planned? What size tires does it take with fenders? Up to 35’s I’d guess?

Any specific reason for moving to that rack to accommodate lower riders rather than keeping the rondo rack you had and adding a separate low rider rack?

Was the change back to a triple for the more heavily loaded rides you’re planning? The double wasnt going to cut it or you just didn’t like the feel?

Next time you’re around downtown shoot me a DM so I can see this thing in person!
Already took the tour, just need to sort through the photos. I might be able to squeeze 35s under fenders, but realistically 32s are the better fit. The bike is wearing 32mm Paselas in these photos.

I went back to these racks because they’re the factory racks, are perfectly fit to the bike, and I like the light mounts. While Blackburn style low riders don’t have a great reputation, the Koga Miyata interpretation is much sturdier, with thicker tubing and extra reinforcements.

The change back to this triple was partially about gearing, but I do have the parts to setup a 50.4 triple. The larger reason for going back to the factory crank was that the Sugino PX, paired with those Sugino rings, was miserably flexy and I didn’t enjoy riding it.

I’d ping you next time I was in downtown PHX, but I actually moved to Colorado earlier this year, so I’m unlikely to find myself there for coffee anytime soon 😉
Likes For fliplap: