Old 11-14-21, 05:34 PM
oik01

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Xert vs Trainerroad

Hi all,

I was hoping to get some feedback from people who have used both platforms in the past.
I am really an amature post covid cyclist. FTP peaked 6 weeks ago at 225 and has been going down because of life since then. I have some good training time ahead in terms of work schedule for the next 5 weeks or so followed by a tough week and then some reasonable training potential again. I have used trainerroad in the past but really dislike the fact that I can not do outdoor training properly. Even if I load their workout for outdoors, I end up with intervals that are up and down above and below the target because of the hilly nature of the area, and I also end up with a good effort before and after to get to the area where there are fewer stops.

The advantage of Trainerroad as I see it:
Bigger database, Ive had experience with it, I like adaptive training if I stick to their workouts indoors.
Disadvantage: I want to still do hard outdoor efforts which I think I'd have to stop because their adaptive training doesn't factor it in too well.

Xert:
Advantage: Can do my zwift races, outdoor efforts and they will be considered.
Disadvantages: I don't know if their dataset for adaptive training is as large? ( as someone who has dealt with data before I am always fearful of big claims if they come from too small a sample source).; It has seemed weird to me now: It estimated my FTP way too low- in fact lower than the average power I held for a 65 minute race today ( it had that file for analysis too which is bewildering and makes no sense). It thinks Im very tired so its recommending recovery rides when I want to do hard workouts for the few weeks I have before another hard one intervenes.

Any thoughts on your own experiences? Recommendations?