Old 11-20-21, 04:07 PM
Joe Bikerider

Bikes: 1969 Peugeot PX10, 1992 Della Santa, Linus Roadster 8, Biria 700C ST-8

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 786 Post(s)
Liked 500 Times in 317 Posts
Ghost dismount

I’m 69 years old and have been dealing with age as we all must. I had a Biria low entry bike for about 6 years and loved that thing. But then one day the frame broke in half coming home from a ride, right in my driveway. My main problem is getting on and off, my old legs find it difficult to do that. The Biria solved that problem but I was never really happy about riding a “girls” bike.

Meanwhile I had bought a Linus 8, had only ridden it a couple of times. Getting on was a problem solved by leaning back on the wall of my garage. Taking a break during my ride was easy enough by holding onto the rack at the park and walking over to a picnic table. Coming home, I could lean back on a car in the driveway and swing my leg over. Good to still be riding.

Still not feeling confident of riding anywhere and getting on or off. There are places to go that I didn’t feel comfortable that I could get on or off.

So today I came home, up the driveway ready to get off, looking for a car to lean against and instead just swung my leg over and was standing there not even near the target car. Took me a moment to realize that I just had dismounted like I used to. Wow!

Maybe I had been thinking too much about my legs and how it’s all got to work but now with all the crazy news I forgot about that and I just went ahead and did it.

It’s a great feeling. Thanks for reading.