Old 12-01-21, 05:18 PM
Moisture
Drip, Drip.

Bikes: Trek Verve E bike, Felt Doctrine 4 XC, Opus Horizon Apex 1

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked 193 Times in 163 Posts
Thank you guys, I will adjust my saddle a little and get some help with some pictures.

I'm not sure why you guys think I care about aesthetics with this bike? Not important to me at all. Only fit is. This is why I posted pictures.

I just ordered some surly truck stop bars in 48cm size. The reach and drop is on the fairly conservative side which should work well with the long stem and top tube.

@mstateglfr obviously you understand that everyone has awkward proportions? My inseam is 46% of my total height which isn't wildly disproportionate, but I certainly do feel that is messes with my bike fit a bit. I also have very long arms which makes things a bit more complicated still as my torso is relatively shorter, but I need extra space for my arms to stretch out anyways.

I've tried a 90mm stem +7° and it felt too short. With some small tweaks to saddle position, stem length and the new handlebars I should get into a much more effective position. I am not far off - just need to make the position more comfortable so I can sustain great performance even when im starting to become fatigued.

The bottom bracket is 267mm, which like I said will cause striking around turns even with 175mm arms. No way I'm going longer than that.