View Single Post
Old 12-01-21, 05:50 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10943 Post(s)
Liked 7,469 Times in 4,179 Posts
Originally Posted by Moisture
I'm not sure why you guys think I care about aesthetics with this bike? Not important to me at all. Only fit is.

@mstateglfr obviously you understand that everyone has awkward proportions? My inseam is 46% of my total height which isn't wildly disproportionate, but I certainly do feel that is messes with my bike fit a bit. I also have very long arms which makes things a bit more complicated still as my torso is relatively shorter, but I need extra space for my arms to stretch out anyways.
I can't speak for others but I think you care about the look over fit because earlier in this thread you said you want to get to a specific look vs a specific fit.
I've got it all planned out now with my KHS.

Eventually, id like to settle with 100mm angled aggressively downwards with the degrees and at a pretty low stack with both my bikes.
As for everyone having different body proportions, of course I am aware. My inseam barefoot is 46.42% of my height. My arm length is 102.5% of my height.

I am sure you still won't understand why I think you are going for look vs fit, but its there plain as day.
If reach is all that's an issue, Amazon a few cheap stems of varying length and return the ones that don't work on initial fitting.
Grab a cheap dumb trainer from almost anywhere and use it to dial in fit at home. It's all sitting on a trainer so you will feel a poor fit relatively easily.