Old 12-12-21, 12:23 AM
JoeShellharbour

Bikes: Giant Fast road Solo, Giant MTB Solo, Cannondale Road Tandem with E front wheel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
We have been married 51 years and the first 30 years road motor bikes as a team but sadly 20 years ago my wife (Kathy) had a rupture on her lower left ankle which has not repaired she suggested we try MTB as a go and it didn't end well finaly we left or rural holding and moved to the coast right on a cycleway, I said lets try a tandem (8 years ago) so I contacted a group of tandem riders (EXsight) who take vision impared stokers riding) and tried out as a stoker then Captain after 4 rides I took Kathy on a cannondale and she said lets get one!.
We did get a cannondale road tandem and love it however last year her mobility was in serious decline so we elected for ankle reconstruction and she is finaly back on the tandem once a week and steadily getting her mobility back.
We will ride our tandem (now with 250w front wheel) for as long as we remain in good health and I take the vision impared riding (often twice weekly) so the combined experience has kept us both fitter than otherwise and it helps others to enjoy cycling when they could never otherwise experience it
Regards
Joe