Thread: Dry Battery
View Single Post
Old 01-10-22, 07:02 PM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3451 Post(s)
Liked 1,452 Times in 1,131 Posts
Originally Posted by steelbikeguy

Steve in Peoria
This indicates that there are two versions of that battery pack, one for the GH6 dynohub and one for the AG or FG which I assume is not a dynohub.

We still do not know if the bikes the OP has dynohubs.

I would not try disposable type batteries in it if there is a dynohub charging it, I would only use NiMH.

In my previous post I suggested AA NiMH batteries in D size adapters, I made that recommendation because AA NiMH are quite common and easy to buy.

But if it is not a dynohub system, I would expect that three D sized batteries might be perfect, disposables could be used.

Note to the OP - The tires, if they are labeled 26 X 1 3/8, they are not the common 26 inch tires that a lot of bike shops stock. So, do not just go into a store and buy some 26 inch tires. If they are that size, they would have a bead seat diameter of 590mm, more on tire sizes here:
https://www.sheldonbrown.com/tire-sizing.html

You probably could use inner tubes for 650b but you can't use 650b tires on that bike. You might have to buy tires on line to get the correct size.

Plastic stuff, like hand grips, etc., some 303 protectant might help rejuvenate the plastic somewhat.