View Single Post
Old 05-14-22, 11:00 AM
seedsbelize2

Bikes: 79 Trek 930 is back on the road, 80 Trek 414, 84 Schwinn Letour Luxe,87 Schwinn Prelude, 92 Schwinn Paramount PDG 5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3191 Post(s)
Liked 1,841 Times in 1,161 Posts
Originally Posted by genejockey
Mandates ended here a month or more ago, but people have been slow to give them up. It's probably running 50:50 in most stores. At work, some folks wear them all the time. One or two not at all. I don't wear one in my office, but I told my group that I'll put one on if any of them prefer when they come to talk to me. We're still doing our group meetings in a conference room large enough for all 7 of us to be 6' distant from each other, but at least we're still doing them in person.

I'm sure the people where I grew up - who were largely maskless in stores when I visited there at the peak of Delta last summer - would laugh at how cautious we in the Bay Area have been, but, you know, we have generally had fewer deaths and hospitalizations per capita than any other metro area our size, so...
The mandate was removed only for the outdoors and open spaces. We'll prolly have the indoor mandate until pigs fly.