View Single Post
Old 04-03-23, 09:59 AM
The Golden Boy 
Extraordinary Magnitude

Bikes: 1978 Trek TX700; 1978/79 Trek 736; 1984 Specialized Stumpjumper Sport; 1984 Schwinn Voyageur SP; 1985 Trek 620; 1985 Trek 720; 1986 Trek 400 Elance; 1987 Schwinn High Sierra; 1990 Miyata 1000LT

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2609 Post(s)
Liked 1,704 Times in 937 Posts
Originally Posted by pdlamb
I'm afraid even the boldest of us need a bit more information before we can start our remote-control guessing.

1. Is the headlight steady?
2. Can you unplug the Sinewave and see if that solves the problem?
3. Where do you jiggle the cable? Near the headlight or near the taillight?
4. Is the junction between the taillight cable and the headlight wiring sealed with heat shrink?
5. Is the wiring connecting to the taillight visible and solid?
Thanks for the reply!

I went to take pictures and I remembered the connection order incorrectly- it's hub, Sinewave, light, tail light.

I should also note that the headlight always functions properly.

1. Is the headlight steady? Yes- it's solidly secured to an eyelet on the rack strut
2. Can you unplug the Sinewave and see if that solves the problem? The tail light seems intermittent regardless of the Sinewave being plugged in.
3. Where do you jiggle the cable? Near the headlight or near the taillight? I'm jiggling the cable at the light, right where the wire exits the light.
4. Is the junction between the taillight cable and the headlight wiring sealed with heat shrink? Yes.
5. Is the wiring connecting to the taillight visible and solid? I actually didn't check this- I'm 99% sure the problem is that the tail light cable is not securely connected in the light housing.

The thicker wire is the power to the light, the thinner wire is the tail light.

Edeluxe II Mount by Dave The Golden Boy, on Flickr

Here's the power in/out- the wire on top is the conductor from the Sinewave, the bottom has heat shrink material on there-

Thank you

Commence to jigglin’ huh?!?!

"But hey, always love to hear from opinionated amateurs." -says some guy to Mr. Marshall.