Old 08-30-19, 10:06 AM
smullen

Bikes: Trek 4900, Giant Anthem x 29er 4

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Bikerider007
Most everyone on old school bmx FB pages is 40+, many ride and race. The Museum, Retro BMX riders and 24/26/29 cruisers (bmx) are good places to check out of you haven't.
This... I've recently joined a few FB groups for older folks and there seems to be a bunch of over 40... I think most of them are in Europe though, but still a lot here in the US too... Been looking for some BMX mags and I can't find any.

Myself, I'll be 46 this year and recently started getting back into riding.

Ad of now, I've been riding anywhere from 3-10 miles 4 times a week on either my Trek 4900 Mountain Bike or my Stationary bike in the basement.

I've also wanted to get back into riding BMX and doing some really basic flatland freestyle tricks...
However, I'm afraid I'm a bit big and heavy as I'm 6'4" and 250+lbs...

I used to be good at Bunny Hops, 180s, 360s (every once in awhile) Endos, Front and Rear Wheel Hops. a trick we called the Grasshopper, another called a Cowboy and a few others I can't recall the names of... I'd love it if I could get a BMX bike and get back to what I could do then.

Over my BMX years, I had a GT Pro Freestyle Tour, GT Pro Performer, Dydno D-Tour I think it was, a Haro and a SE Racing SE Quad Angle with Landing Gear Forks...
Not sure what I'd get now... I have no idea what the coolest brands are now, every thing I see looks pretty Generic as compared to back in our day...
Likes For smullen: