View Single Post
Old 01-24-20, 08:17 AM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5224 Post(s)
Liked 3,581 Times in 2,342 Posts
Originally Posted by Hypno Toad
"No more falls ... ??" Depends on how much you challenge your studs

This was a couple inches of fresh/fluffy snow on an ice-base marsh trail.

You're OP trail might be pushing the limits, but honestly, the only falls I've taken are going to the limits of good judgement.
um yeah, that "no more falls" was tongue-in-cheek cuz I fall w/ studs too. re: that glare ice, I love glare ice, w/o clogged treads, studs are perfect, I even like glare ice covered w/ water! re: your fall, glad you didn't fall in the creek! I see that hazard, ice under powder, sneaky & evil! sounds liked it hurt, like when you said "Oww". not all falls in snow are good ones, huh? re: good judgement, I like to quote my Sister: "don't take any unnecessary risks" However, I seem to require reminders from mother nature from time to time. also, when biking in the snow, what's an unnecessary risk? here's some fresh wet snow over a bare boardwalk. worked out OK cuz there was no ice underneath. even tho I had studs, if there was ice & the tread was compacted, I might have been in trouble. the whole time I was thinking "hmmm, I can do this, right?"

ice under water, no problemo