View Single Post
Old 08-10-21, 11:45 AM
Phatman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked 97 Times in 51 Posts
Originally Posted by carpediemracing
Okay, so this is stuff I know - I've been around a while, although this year I'm not in any kind of fitness compared to my peers.
Man, so after watching a few of those videos, I realized that if I raced like you I'd never even finish a race. That's not an insult, its just that your power profile is the exact opposite of mine (well, really, what mine WAS haha) and I think we'd need opposite race strategies. You're pretty modest in your post(s), but your surge is really really good, and oddly enough you don't seem to tire from rubber banding around on the back of the pack for an hour. I'd be dead after two laps of that "rent" course if I sat where you did, those short, 1-2s accelerations to close those small gaps after turns just absolutely wreck me. I've read that if you bump your FTP, then you'll go over your threshold by less on those surges and you'll be able to do more of them, but you *ahem* obviously don't have great threshold power. Do you/did you train that specifically, or just get it from lots of racing?