Old 11-18-21, 08:25 PM
bampilot06

Bikes: Madone, Emonda, 5500, Ritchey Breakaway

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10236 Post(s)
Liked 5,183 Times in 2,225 Posts
Originally Posted by Carbonfiberboy
So like walking down stairs is painful? That would be normal for CP.

This is my standard morning stretch series. Might help, every morning: https://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycl...l#post15372967
Worth starting the whole thread, though it has nothing to do with the IT band..

I'm trying to remember just how, other than what I've written above, I fixed my CP 25 years ago, but nobody home there. More recently, I've had some knee wear-and-tear issues, not bike related. I've been using some exercises from the kneeovertoesguy (YT). I walk up a flight of stairs backwards and back done frontwards for 10'. then do x X 25 toes lifts, then 5 sets 5 split squats with my forward foot on the second stair. Gotta go all the way down, butt on heel on that one. See if you can do any of that without pain, just maybe discomfort.

Other than that, the usual gym work, full barbell squats, leg sled, stiff-legged deadlifts, knee extensions between 150° and 180°. In summer I hike in the mountains one day a week which makes a big difference. Basically, I think it's about trying to get the right muscles to fire at the right time so that your kneecap tracks properly.

And oddly enough, for some unknown reason, it's usually only one knee, and IME usually the left.

Stairs have not bothered it. But certain chair heights when I stand up I feel it.

Currently the biggest agitator is the aircraft I am training on. Coincidentally the pain started on my bike after my first sim session on this aircraft. Each sim session is 4 hours with typically a 15 min break in between. The first day of sim it hurt to straighten my leg when we took a break. I’ve since learned how to position myself so not put strain on my knee. But it does make me wonder.

Ill take a look at those, someone else mentioned knees over toes as well.

Earlier today my knee was feeling pretty inflamed but currently at this moment in time it feels fine. Did some PT and stretching followed by ice.