Old 06-03-07, 04:05 PM
jupiterboy
One less car on the road

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi everyone!

My - my name is Mike. I am 38 and I live in Marin County. I ride mostly in the north bay. I have been riding for many years on and off. I attended UC Davis - so riding is somewhat in my veins. In fact, I rode 40 miles with a small group this morning. I ride a 2004 Lemond Zurich with Cane Creek wheel set. I am 220 lbs.

In 2004 I rode in the Marin Double Metrics century on a Specialized Allez from the 1980's - left over from my college days. My wife said that maybe I could ride in the vintage class. We finished the ride and I donated the bike to charity - and purchased the Lemond.

In 2005 my brother and I completed the CA Triple Crown. I rode in 4 doubles Solvang, Davis, part of Mt. Tam (no finish due to mechanical) and the Knoxville.

In 2006 my wife and I started a family (baby girl) - so not much riding except the Marin Century.

These days I have a new ride schedule. I work in the financial district and ride to and from work 3 or 4 days a week. At 35 miles round trip, my commmute has put me around 100 miles a week. I also joined an informal Sunday ride that allows me to get 40 miles some weekends.