Old 10-25-20, 03:38 PM
JaccoW
Overdoing projects

Bikes: Batavus Randonneur GL, Gazelle Orange Excellent, Gazelle Super Licht, Gazelle Grand Tourist, Gazelle Lausanne, Gazelle Tandem, Koga-Miyata SilverAce, Koga-Miyata WorldTraveller

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 784 Post(s)
Liked 1,238 Times in 686 Posts
Originally Posted by non-fixie
Wow! Those touring bike weights have really gone through the roof in twenty-odd years. And I'm guessing the weight weenie of the bunch is the early nineties TerraLiner? I have been lusting after a '93 Carbolite for quite a while, but they seem to be pretty rare.
Jup you guessed it. The early nineties were a great time for Touring and MTB lovers but I think the early hybrids were more interesting. I have an active search for the Terraliners but anything over 60cm is rare. The later (full-carbon) Terraliner Carbolite are really cool too. Just very expensive.

EDIT: Those weights are a bit of an educated guess for now between 1988 and 1993 because I don't have all the data. I also still have to enter all the post-2000 specifications but I suspect you'll see a small rise to nearly 20Kg and then it topping off around 17-18 Kg.
The 1994-1995 peak in hybrid weight is because the Terraliner disappeared from the lineup for two years and only the RoadRunner and the Adventure remained as true hybrids.

EDIT2: @non-fixie what size are you looking for, I could keep an eye out as well?

Last edited by JaccoW; 10-26-20 at 04:05 AM.