Old 07-05-21, 04:36 PM
RiddleOfSteel
Master Parts Rearranger

Bikes: 1982 Trek 720 - 1985 Trek 620 - 1984 Trek 620 - 1980 Trek 510 - Other luminaries past and present

Mentioned: 221 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1556 Post(s)
Liked 2,024 Times in 989 Posts
Originally Posted by JaccoW
I did 100km (60 mi) this weekend and I am bound to add a couple more longer days to that before the end of August. And from Marseille to Rome is a little under 1000 km (600 mi). I'm not sure I will reach 1000 miles before that but then again, I don't really want to have to buy new tyres before leaving on tour though I will probably order a spare.

Just bought the train ticket to Marseille this weekend. A little over 6 hours by train in one go from Rotterdam central station. Only 10 minutes by bike or perhaps I will take it all packed up by tram, metro or have it picked up beforehand and delivered to my destination in France.
Will have to look into the best way back (and expect some "rinko" content in this thread beforehand) but that will either be by train, plane or bus.

How are you liking them so far? I ran them at 3 bar (43 psi) this weekend and that felt good.
The 42s are, as I mentioned in my thread, fantastic. 48s were the first enlightenment, but 42s have done really well, especially in comparison to the 33s. 33s over Seattle roads may as well be 25s as far as I'm concerned. 42s eliminate a lot of that stuff. It's pretty incredible. Since I run unloaded, 40-43 PSI seems to be the sweet spot. 40 PSI for sure in the front. I'll be doing more mileage once the decals arrive, I apply them, and build the bike up. I'll place the head badge on it today.
Likes For RiddleOfSteel: