BillyD
Administrator

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene '04; Bridgestone RB-1 '92

Mentioned: 325 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11966 Post(s)
Liked 6,632 Times in 3,478 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
I mean, your answer is in your post. Carbs are calorie rich - it doesn't even need to be sweets, most starches will do. Going on a keto diet is rather extreme, and cuts out a lot of problematic foods, so you shouldn't be surprised with your results.
That was my objective, I'm totally aware of what carbs can do. Unburned carbs turn to the debil, sugar. I'm sure you've heard me skewer bread consumption here in the past. It's just that now that I've returned to a "normal" diet, sans desserts and salty snacks, I'm wondering what it will take to put some weight back on.

Originally Posted by MoAlpha;22293576[b
]Maintaining positive nitrogen balance is a tremendous challenge in old age, especially for very active people. I figure my protein requirement is on the order of 120-130 g/day for a 65 kg shrimp and it’s hard to get that in. Before I figured that out, I thought I was eating enough protein and couldn’t figure out why my arms were shrinking away.
I guesstimated my protein needs to be 145g daily and the total calorie requirement to be 2,600. Even with a post-workout protein smoothie added to my day it's hard to get near the 145g mark. And forget about the 2,600 calories, the only time I even topped 2,000 calories was with a Wendy's chicken sandwich and small fries dinner one day. Most days I'm totaling somewhere between 1,300 and 1,700 calories.

So what's this about nitrogen balance? [/b]