View Single Post
Old 03-01-22, 10:47 AM
msu2001la

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1463 Post(s)
Liked 1,487 Times in 871 Posts
Originally Posted by downhillmaster
The fan club is out in force in this one lol.
Good stuff considering my first post in this cesspool of a thread was not simply about logos. It was a clear response to another poster that chimed in to make a terrible analogy regarding all sports apparel.
You regularly see recreational riders in full kit.
You very rarely see football or baseball fans in full uniform.
I’m sorry to break the news here but a NY Giants fan wearing a jersey anywhere is not the same as a recreational cyclist wearing full kit anywhere for any reason.
The irony of my fan club missing the entire point is awesome but will ofc be lost on them

Here’s my OP btw:

Quote:
Originally Posted by msu2001la
I've never understood why it's ok for basketball/football/baseball/hockey/soccer/F1 fans to wear team gear all over the place, but if a cyclist does this, they're somehow seen as some kind of poseur pretending to be on the team. I can't actually think of another sport where this scenario applies.

I see people wearing college/pro basketball jerseys at the gym all the time. Never once have I been like "oh wow, is that actually Lebron James using that cardio machine?".

You are quite off base.
Nobody is wearing a basketball or football jersey and trying to claim they are doing so for aero or tech benefits
I don't think there's that big of a difference between a NY Giants fan wearing a jersey to the gym, and a pro cycling fan wearing a pro team jersey while out riding their bike.

The fact that you are exaggerating things to cover a football jersey worn "anywhere" and the cyclist "wearing full kit" says something.

It's also OK if we disagree on this point. You don't need to keep repeatedly responding to the same post.
Likes For msu2001la: