View Single Post
Old 12-04-22, 07:27 PM
mschwett 

Bikes: addict, aethos, creo, vanmoof, sirrus, public ...

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1273 Post(s)
Liked 1,392 Times in 710 Posts
Originally Posted by genejockey
So, you're like 3 x Kings Mountain behind? C'mon! You only need to do OLH 24 times in 26 days! That's once a day with two rest days!
i tend to think of it in hawk hill increments, which is my most common small climb. makes it seem very accessible! only need to do the whole ride 15 times, or the most direct part of the climb 50 times.

or maybe i’ll do some twin peaks or san bruno repeats at lunch!

Originally Posted by genejockey
I'd note that I do a lot less climbing IRL than I think I'm going to. I am fit enough now that none of the local climbs scare me. But the descents do, and of course the less practice I have descending, the less confidence I have in my skills, which makes me even less inclined to do the climbs. A vicious circle!
descents don’t scare me, but i do feel cheated when i can’t go almost full speed. energy lost to braking is forever gone, gradually contributing to the heat death of cycling.

Originally Posted by datlas
If you take a day to Everest a local hill, you will be back on track.
there’s a decent chance of something like that if i find myself on vacation with the family down south between christmas and new years. but i’m thinking my limit is probably more like 10-15k. not sure what lesser peak that is.