View Single Post
Old 05-05-22, 11:01 AM
Mr. 66

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1124 Post(s)
Liked 1,704 Times in 941 Posts
I did make some more progress, I went to my take off tires. I think these tire came from a Univega that got stripped down and sold as a frame. The tires were dirt encrusted, I used the Armor All tire wash. They look nice and fresh, they are only skinny 25's the price was right for the budget build.

I also used the Armor All on the cranks, they look good, they will get some polishing before install.

The driveside bb cup has yet to be removed, the bb is probably shot. It was supposedly rebuilt with new bearings and the headset as well prior to purchase. That was a tad of BS, the bb had at least one chipped bearing and there was a load of crusty-uck in the driveside cup when I cleaned the grease out. The headset was not rebuilt, it did have new grease slobber in. The new grease looked ok up top, but after spinning the fork round and round the new green seep turned gray, rebuilt my ass it was, oh well.

Somewhere I have some more Simplex, and I need to locate the Mafac straddles for the brakes. I'll be ready for the Alps soon.
Likes For Mr. 66: