Old 06-01-22, 08:58 PM
USAZorro
Señor Member

Bikes: Mostly English - predominantly Raleighs

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1488 Post(s)
Liked 1,057 Times in 629 Posts
This may not look like it's a big deal, but this baby is my salvation. There isn't much in the way of flat roads in these parts, with even the greenway trail having a couple boogers of climbs along it, so having three speeds is a necessity for me. The original cable on the twist shift was far too long for my build, and I have been contemplating how to bodge together an arrangement with two brake yoke nuts and four washers to attempt to splice two free cable ends into a single working unit, and yeah... I was dreading that. Just goes to show that it can pay to attempt to re-organize your messes. I got tired of keeping track of what was in eight or ten large tubs and sprung for a ten-pack of smaller ones. In the process of plucking brake parts, bottom bracket related items, shifters parts and headset items into the new, small containers I stumbled across this vaguely-remembered treasure. I'm not 100% sure whether it came from a generous soul who also gifted me a few surplus indicator chains, or whether I plucked it from a Box-o-crap, but free fits my tight remaining budget, whereas $9.00 to get one from e-Bay or Ben's does not.

I should be putting miles onto the bumblebee this weekend.