View Single Post
Old 06-05-22, 12:02 AM
Classtime 

Bikes: 82 Medici, 2011 Richard Sachs, 2011 Milwaukee Road

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1918 Post(s)
Liked 1,940 Times in 1,079 Posts
3 coats of wax on the PA10 and it looks good enough to start assembly. The headset was a struggle—I must of damaged something while I was banging out the remnants of the death stem and had to use the Channel locks on the knurled bearing race. After much fudging around with it last night and marine greasy bearings going here and there, I finally got things settled and then, I saw three ball bearings didn’t make it back into the lower race. They went in this morning with all the threaded pieces behaving as they should.

I had been trying to message some life back into the Mafac Racers and got I one pretty smooth. The other might work fine on the bike. We’ll see. Some Kool Stops arrived last night and an adjuster for one of the levers arrived today.

The wheels got tuned up between honey dos and I dialed back my fantasy of using this particular Normandy Sport hub set on a future tubular wheel set. I replaced the spoke I broke on the front wheel and also one on the rear that had snapped off at the hub. Fingers crossed that there won’t be more snapping while i do the 100 miles. I splurged on rubber rim strips and I think I got those weird Simplex quick releases working. The dry and crumbling tires that came with the bike should get me through the challenge if I don’t push it.

$20 Koolstops and $10 adjuster.

Rear wheel must be true.

Need a good LBS to true these.

Clunker Tire

Another clunker tire

This will be covered with equally nasty Atom FW.

These are weird but I think I get them both working.

Last edited by Classtime; 06-05-22 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Add pics