View Single Post
Old 06-30-22, 02:08 PM
Troul 

Bikes: RSO E-tire dropper fixie brifter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 2,971 Times in 1,918 Posts
if you plan on doing majority of the work in the same area & very little if any mobile work, I'd invest in a roll around work cabinet/bench (49" length ballbearing drawers, woodblock topped) . To add that extra* bit to it, bolt down a 6" vice on top.

If you are doing repairs that require lugging around the tool sets, I'd invest in the easy stacking variable depth containers. With the right size, you could fit in a hefty BFH & some rather bulky contraptions.

With the above, you'll likely spend about the same to achieve one of those options, but if you know for certain the purpose you'll likely not regret the investment.

Regarding needing of a hammer... I've had relatives & friends question my tool inventory containing various hammers. Most of those same folks have stopped questioning it when they found themselves in need for a coercing tool in order to complete a task afterhours when the stores are closed & they have to finish a bathroom demo/brakes on there vehicle/free up a seat post, pop out a bushing.