View Single Post
Old 10-23-22, 07:02 AM
work4bike

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3777 Post(s)
Liked 1,047 Times in 791 Posts
I live in Jacksonville Fl, supposedly one of the least cyclist-friendly cities in a state that's also suppose to be unfriendly toward cyclists. I get the typical stuff we all get as cyclists, such as, "get off the road", "get on the sidewalk", horns blown... However, it's not that much, at least compared to other places I've lived. Actually it's very, very little, so little I can't recall the last time I got yelled at or had a horn blown at me.

I think a lot of it has to do with how the cyclist rides. I'm very predictable in my riding and I give signals for turning or when I have to take the lane and I stop at lights and stop signs. Granted I practice the Idaho Stop method, but I come to a full stop if I arrive at a stop sign at the same time or even just slightly before a motorist. I think a lot of cyclists misunderstand this method as the cyclist being able to just roll thru (not blow thru), regardless -- this is wrong, you must stop at times.

And then you just got idiots out there, which has less to do with hatred towards cyclists and more to do with just hate. Just look at all the motorist-on-motorist road rage nowadays.

Likes For work4bike: