Thread: Bar tape
View Single Post
Old 11-26-22, 11:26 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10397 Post(s)
Liked 11,850 Times in 6,067 Posts
Originally Posted by SoSmellyAir
Perhaps I have misunderstood what the two videos I linked are describing. So how should saddle fore/aft position be set?
Set saddle fore/aft position as in the videos, but unless you can't get the saddle as far one way or the other as it needs to be in the seatpost you have, you don't need to change it. It's where the saddle is relative to the bottom bracket and thus the pedals that you're adjusting. Relative to the saddle clamp is mostly irrelevant - except, as I said, if you can't get it where it needs to be in that seatpost.

I have a variety of bikes with different seat tube angles, from fairly steep to fairly slack. The slackest ones, I use zero setback posts with the saddle clamped near the back of the rails, whereas on the steepest I have a seatpost with 2cm of setback clamped in the middle of the rails. But they all have the same setback relative to the bottom bracket.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles
Likes For genejockey: