Old 08-18-21, 06:33 AM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3165 Post(s)
Liked 1,723 Times in 1,041 Posts
Originally Posted by nblake1989
im a new rider and no when i stand on the seat with my butt my feet barely touch the ground again I cant post pictures so i cant show you
That’s not a problem, no. When you have proper leg extension, usually that means that you can only get your toes (of one foot) down to the ground when seated. I don’t know how you determined your seat height— which is how you adjust leg extension— but it sounds about right. If you’re really uncomfortable with only getting the tip of the shoe on the ground, then you can go through the process of setting saddle height and see if it may be too high and needs lowered, but if you can put a foot down flat on the ground when on the saddle, that’s definitely too low, and you’ll want to avoid that.

It’s weird the mod moved this thread to Gravel rather than Bike Fitting, but if you head over there and peruse the threads you’ll find info about how to set saddle position, handlebar position, and other things related to how a bike fits you.