View Single Post
Old 07-18-19, 03:47 PM
punkinevil

Bikes: 1978 Schwinn Continental, 1970 Schwinn Paramount P-13, 1977 Schwinn Superior, 1973 Schwinn Sports Tourer, 1977 Schwinn LeTour II

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by arbee
Actually, we were. (NB: I'm not chiding either you or other folks on this list.)
Thanks for that. I'm just responding to what someone on the board said about how this meeting had more cyclists which was the opposite of previous. There were a number of council members who did seem to want the bikes out entirely, but several who said they also ride their bikes there.

My point was mainly that if I had been more aware of the CB7 agenda leading up to this, I would have made statements at meetings before the rerouting was implemented. It's hard to keep abreast of all the various community board plans across the city. It's hard for me to keep track of my own. I missed last night's meeting about the East River Park fiasco and that was is my own district.

I'm grateful that this meeting was mentioned on here so I could go. I'm really glad that we have this board and ones like it so we know where to make our voices heard. There are a lot of people in this city who would love to ban cycling altogether so it's important that we are present to counter that.