Old 01-27-23, 05:02 PM
Andrew R Stewart 

Bikes: Stewart S&S coupled sport tourer, Stewart Sunday light, Stewart Commuting, Stewart Touring, Co Motion Tandem, Stewart 3-Spd, Stewart Track, Fuji Finest, Mongoose Tomac ATB, GT Bravado ATB, JCP Folder, Stewart 650B ATB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4205 Post(s)
Liked 3,864 Times in 2,312 Posts
I made two versions, one for a BB shell and the other for s steerer. The steerer version is based on a 1 1/8" steerer and the reducing sleeve, to 1", has a cutout for the stamp to go through. With my stamp set the forming of the head bulged out the stamp's end a bit so i sometimes need to slightly grind off that to let the stamp slide through the slot. That slot was cut specifically for the stamps, your stamps might need a different slot size. Both are cut from 3/4" thick Al (old jig plate).

These stamp holders work very well. One can really smack away with no fear of a thumb strike What i wanted was a holder that could be secured in place about the shell or steerer and held one stamp at a time. Andy (who wasted a day chasing sink fixture parts only to find out our sink is metric and the supply lines available are SAE)